- Agree core competences/learning outcomes for medical education in Europe, using methodology of the Tuning project (University of Edinburgh)
- Develop a framework for international recognition of qualifications, in the context of medical education and links with other professions (University of Antwerp)
- Develop quality assurance standards for the process of medical education for application in Europe (WFME/AMSE).
- Enhance the transparency and public understanding of medical education - undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing - and its outcomes, within and outside Europe (AMEE)
- Explore and develop links between medical education and research (Semmelweis University).
The Thematic Network on Medical Education in Europe is chaired and co-ordinated by Professor Gareth Williams, Dean of Medicine, with assistance from Tim Jones, Director of International Affairs.
More details can be found in the MEDINE Thematic Network Application Document (1.12 Mb MS Word Format).